As an Independent midwife I can provide full antenatal midwifery care during your pregnancy, or individual visits to complement your NHS care.
Antenatal Care As well as monitoring the health and wellbeing of mother and baby throughout pregnancy I can provide information on birth options, planning for VBAC or Breech birth, de-briefing previous birth experiences, etc. I can also provide practical advice on preparations for baby’s arrival. From advice on baby care and equipment, to what to pack in your labour bag, and any other questions you may have. I specialise in helping clients with previous poor birth experiences and can provide techniques to prepare for birth after trauma. These visits can either replace NHS midwifery care, or they can compliment your NHS midwifery care, for example if you just need a one off appointment for a debrief or birth planning session etc.
One off appointments are just £50 per hour if you are within a 30 mile radius of my home in Glastonbury.
Total Midwifery Antenatal Care typically includes:
* A consultation appointment with me in your own home.
* Antenatal appointments which last approximately one hour, enabling you to build a trusting relationship with your midwife.
* Visits are monthly until 30 weeks, every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then weekly until you give birth.
* All appointments are at a mutually convenient time and in the comfort of your own home.
* You are still entitled to blood tests, scans, and any hospital care needed.
* You can contact me by phone or e-mail with any questions throughout your pregnancy.
* I can provide information and resources to help you make informed choices about your care.
* You can attend any scheduled antenatal classes I teach, or just benefit from my expertise throughout your pregnancy.
Cost of Antenatal Midwifery care is £1,000.
I have a Diploma in Antenatal teaching through the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) and have taught antenatal classes since 2001. This a great way to prepare for labour, birth and the reality of parenthood. Individual antenatal and postnatal home visits are also available to support your transition to parenthood. These do not replace your usual midwifery visits but provide additional practical advice to boost your confidence as new parents.
Joy-full Birth Day Class – A one day birth preparation class for expectant parents. Learn practical skills and tips to enable you to have the best birth possible. Small enjoyable classes. Particularly suitable for busy people, also suitable as a refresher class. Cost £150 per couple.
One to One Antenatal Classes – If you cannot attend my weekend classes I can teach you privately in your own home. You will learn all you need to know to prepare for labour, birth and early parenthood. Cost £40 per hour. Ideal as a refresher class if this is not your first baby. First-time parents find 5hrs teaching for £150 covers all their needs.
Joy-Full Birth drop-in group – for those who don’t need formal education, this is a chance to join like-minded women to share ideas and information. Using elements of Birthing From Within and Shamanic Midwifery to travel the journey to parenthood. Held in Glastonbury every Wednesday (stork willing) 10:30 am to 12:30 midday cost £7 per week (concessions available).
To book classes or discuss Independent Midwifery Care Please call Joy Horner on 07939247462