Postnatal Independent Midwifery Care provides you with information and support in the early days of parenthood. The full postnatal package is particularly suitable for those who are happy with NHS care antenatally and during the birth, but would like more midwifery support after baby is born. I can help you to establish the skills for breastfeeding, learn to care for and comfort your new baby, and provide invaluable support as you gain confidence in the early days. If full care is not required, individual visits can be booked to complement those provided by the NHS.
All visits are in the comfort of your own home at a mutually convenient time
As well as the standard midwifery care and tests I can provide practical advice on all aspects of baby care, including bathing, feeding, sleeping routines and other new parent questions. These visits can compliment your NHS midwifery care if you would just like an occasional visit. Just £50 per hour (within 30mile radius of my home in Glastonbury).
The full postnatal midwifery care package:
* An average of 10 postnatal visits , daily at first then less frequently as your confidence grows.
* I Visit for 4 weeks after the birth, typically day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 21, and 28.
* At each visit I assess the wellbeing of mother and baby, and answer any questions you may have.
* visits last up to 2 hours.
- I can show you how to bathe and care for your baby.
- I support breast and bottle feeding, although most of my clients choose to breastfeed.
- There is plenty of time to discuss your birth and how you are coping.
- I provide information on registering the birth, contraception, and baby groups etc.
- I can refer you to any specialists if needed.
- You are still entitled to all postnatal tests that are available on the NHS i.e. The newborn heel-prick (Guthrie) test and newborn hearing screening.
- I can liaise with your health visitor and GP. Sending them a discharge summary if you wish.
* You can request a full copy of your notes on discharge.
The inclusive price of postnatal care is £1,000. Individual Midwifery Postnatal visits are available for £50 per hour
Individual consultations can also be booked, if you would like an independent opinion on any aspect of care you’ve received.
To book a consultation or discuss Independent Midwifery Care
Please call Joy Horner on 07939247462