My Postnatal Support Sessions and online courses can provide you with information and support in the early days after birth
As a new parent you may have many questions about how to best care for your newborn and keep them safe. You may also need emotional support and information to aid your postnatal recovery.
In many areas midwifery care has been reduced to a bare minimum, leaving lots of new parents without support at this important time. My online courses and professional support sessions are designed to compliment your usual maternity care. By providing you with support, and independent information, so you can concentrate on enjoying life as a new family.
Perhaps your care provider does not have enough time or resources to answer all your questions, and information found on the internet can be confusing. Friends and relatives all may give their opinion on caring for your newborn, leaving you even more confused. This is where Professional midwifery support can help. Daily or weekly sessions can help you by providing clear, practical, evidence-based information, enabling you to build your confidence in caring for your new baby. whilst caring for your own physical and emotional needs.
All sessions are in the comfort of your own home, or by skype/phone at a mutually convenient time.
Online “Life After Birth” Course
It is advisable to do this course before you have your baby, so you can prepare for what is to come. If you need information on practical baby care and what to expect in the early weeks, this course is for you. I cover how to keep baby safe, recognising baby illness, and how to understand baby communication. There are many video demonstrations on changing and bathing your baby, winding and soothing your baby.
All this for just £30 enrol here
Individual Postnatal Support Sessions
One off appointments can be booked, if you would like a single session of emotional or practical support and information. I can provide practical tips for all aspects of baby care, including bathing, feeding, sleeping, as well as tips to enhance your postnatal recovery. I can provide my independent opinion on any aspect of care you’ve received, or provide a supportive de-briefing session after a difficult labour or birth. These visits are intended to compliment your usual midwifery care.
Just £60 per hour in your home (within a 20 mile radius of my home in Glastonbury), £50 in my Glastonbury office or by phone or skype.
Mini Postnatal Support Package
Why not book regular support sessions in the first 6 weeks after birth to compliment your NHS care. My professional mini support package consists of 5 postnatal support sessions, plus a free consultation. You can take your 5 sessions anytime in the first 6 weeks after birth, but timings must be arranged when the package is booked. We won’t know when your baby will be born, so just let me know the spacing of postnatal sessions you would like eg. day 2, 4, 6, 10,and 14 for example. Then just let me know when your baby has been born and we’ll confirm the dates/times of sessions.
The inclusive fee for a free professional consultation plus 5 postnatal sessions is £240 (Usually £300 if sessions purchased separately)
Total Postnatal Support Package
This package of care is particularly suitable for those people who would like the reassurance of regular of support after birth. It is designed to complement, but not replace your usual NHS midwifery care. It includes:
*A free initial consultation (usually £60)
* 10 postnatal sessions, daily at first then less frequently as your confidence grows.
* Typically sessions are scheduled for day 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 21, 28 and 35. Sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time.
* At each session I offer support, practical advice and information, and can answer any questions you may have.
* Each support session lasts one hour.
- I can show you how to bathe and care for your baby.
- I support both breast and bottle feeding, although many of my clients choose to breastfeed.
- There will be plenty of time to discuss your birth, and how you are recovering, and coping emotionally.
- I provide information on registering the birth, contraception, baby groups etc.
- Email me questions throughout your care period.
- You are advised to receive all your usual medical care through your usual care provider for things like the newborn heel-prick (Guthrie) test, and newborn hearing screening etc.
- I can liaise with your health visitor and GP if you wish.
- 50% discount on my on-line baby care course “Life After Birth”.
The inclusive fee for My Total Postnatal Support service is £600 (usually £660 if sessions are bought individually).
To book a consultation or discuss Independent Midwifery support please call Joy Horner on 07939247462