I am an Antenatal Educator, Perinatal Consultant, Birth Companion, and Professional Advocate
My Name is Joy Horner and I am a former Independent Midwife. I am no longer a Registered midwife but can still use my knowledge and experience gained from helping hundreds of families to support you
What I do
I provide one to one online, and in person support and coaching throughout your pregnancy, labour and after birth. I have written online antenatal courses and antenatal classes.
- Inform you of your maternity rights and options
- Help you navigate your way through the maternity care system.
- Respect and support you as a unique individual
- Provide evidence-based information
- Support and uphold your choices
- Prepare you for your VBAC or Breech birth
- Help you prepare for birth after previous trauma
- Offer confidential consultations online or in person.
- Give tips to optimise your chances of straightforward birth
- Be your labour and birth supporter in person or virtually, at home, in a birth centre or in hospital.
- Prepare you for the realities of parenthood.
- Support your wellbeing in your early days as a new parent and share tips for baby care, feeding, and settling baby, and your postnatal recovery
What I do not do
- Deliver your baby – it’s you who delivers your baby!
- Bring drugs or midwifery equipment to your birth
- Give midwifery advice or tell you what to do.
- Take the place of a midwife at your homebirth.
- I have been a mother for 28 years. I have 2 grown up children.
- I was a Registered Midwife for 21 years and a Registered General Nurse for 20 years .
- I have a diploma in antenatal education through the National Childbirth Trust (NCT).
- I am an accredited 3 step rewind practitioner and have and a couple of counselling certificates.
- I did a 2 day training with Penny Simkin called When Survivors Give Birth
- I have attended 2 study days with Gail Tully of Spinning babies
- I am a trustee for a local baby-loss charity called Towards Tomorrow Together
- I visited The Farm in Tennessee to See why Ina May Gaskin’s Statistics are so good
- I completed a year’s training in Shamanic Womancraft with Jane Hardwicke-Collings.
- I teach study days and at conferences both nationally and Internationally.
- And too many other midwifery study days to list here
or call me on 07939247462 for a free 15 minute consultation