What Makes my Courses so Good?
I have a wide range of experience that I bring to my courses. A unique blend of hospital-based, book-learned midwifery, combined my lived experience of giving birth, parenting, and caring for hundreds of families.
- 20 years of midwifery experience including 14 years as an independent midwife. Specialising in preparing people for positive Birth experiences after previous trauma, and breech birth.
- A diploma in Antenatal education with the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) and 18 years antenatal teaching experience.
- 26 years of parenting experience including personal experiences of caesarean birth, vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC), colicky baby, breast and bottle feeding,and postnatal depression.
- Further training and research including attending many study days and learning from my heroes of the birth world including Ina May Gaskin, mary Cronk, Michael Odent, Fredric Leboyer, Spinning babies classes, Birthing from within etc.
- And my 55 years as a defender of human rights.